Children's Services Council of Martin County Governing Statute
An Introduction to the Children's Services Council of Martin County
The purpose of the Children's Services Council is to plan, coordinate, fund, and evaluate programs and to address public policy issues relating to children in Martin County.
To implement its mandate, the Council is empowered by local referendum (November 8, 1988) to access an ad valorem tax up to one-half mill ($0.50 per $1,000) of non-exempt property evaluation.
The Council is composed of ten (10) members:
- Five (5) ex-officio members (appointed by virtue of their office or position), including:
• Juvenile Court Judge
• Member of Martin County Board of County Commissioners
• Member of Martin County School Board
• District 15 Administrator of the Florida Department of Children and Families or his/her designee
• Superintendent of Martin County Schools
- Five (5) Florida Governor appointees to serve terms of (4) years each