Is Your Business or Workplace Family Focused?
The Children’s Services Council of Martin County is recognizing Martin County Businesses and Workplaces that are Family Focused. To be awarded the recognition, please review the criteria below and fill out the application. If awarded, your business or workplace will receive a Champions for Children Logo to be placed on their website and social media pages, a plaque to hang in their place of business, a window decal and will be listed on the CSCMC website.
Family Friendly Business:
- Welcome breastfeeding moms as customers
- Welcome children as customers
- Provide baby changing stations in restrooms
- Provide family restrooms
- Support children’s programs with time, talent or treasure
- Invite children to read, talk, sing or play in their business
Family Friendly Workplace:
- Make accommodations to support breastfeeding mothers as employees
- Workplace policies to include paid maternity leave and paid sick leave
- Offer flexible work schedules so employees can have a work life balance
- Support access to affordable, quality child care
Why Should Businesses and Workplaces strive to be Family Focused?
Research shows that families go to and do business with businesses that welcoming and supportive to families and breastfeeding mothers.
Employers benefit from creating Family Focused Workplaces by lowering health care costs, lower turnover and absenteeism rates and higher productivity.