Martin Reads is a community campaign to ensure that students are reading at grade-level by 3rd grade.
Why is reading on grade-level important?
• Before 3rd grade children learn to read, after 3rd grade they read to learn.
• Children who can’t read on grade-level by the end of third grade are four times more likely to not graduate from high school.
• 74% of children who fail to read proficiently by the end of third grade falter in the later grades and often drop out before earning a high school diploma.
• Every student who doesn’t graduate high school costs society an estimated $260,000 in lost earnings, taxes and productivity.
• Studies show children who don’t graduate high school earn 40% less annually than peers who do graduate, and at least a whopping 100% less annually than those who earn a bachelor’s degree.
• Reading is the most important skill needed to be successful in life.
Learn more by clicking the hyperlinks below:
HIPPY (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters) is a home-based, early intervention program that helps parents create experiences for their children for success in school.
Do you have a child between the ages 2-4 years old? Do you want your child to be successful in school? Are you willing to spend 20 minutes each day with your child?
If you answered YES to each of those questions, then HIPPY is for you!
HIPPY is a FREE school readiness program for eligible families in Martin County. All materials, supplies, curriculum, and activities are included.
We are currently enrolling families in Zip Codes 34997 & 34956
For more information contact HIPPY Coordinator Mary Rodriguez by calling 772-288-5758 ext. 161 or emailing email@example.com
Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is dedicated to inspiring a love of reading by gifting books free of charge to children from birth to age five, through funding shared by Dolly Parton and local community partners in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Republic of Ireland.
“The seeds of these dreams are often found in books and the seeds you help plant in your community can grow across the world.” – Dolly Parton
To receive your FREE books, you must have a child in Martin County from 0-5 years old. Register by clicking the image above.